Monday, September 22, 2014

Six months later...

Ok, so I had good intentions of blogging at least once a month. I'll briefly try to bring everything up to date.

In April, we went to Indiana for Phil's Grandma Mullet's auction. We bought a few items - my two favorites being: a good, sturdy, old ironing board and a wooden step stool with a tall handle. I should take a picture of it because that's not a very good description. :) Plus I got her Corelle set for which I am very thankful.

In May, we found a few mushrooms and I creamed a deer with our van.



In June, sweet Brynlee Raine joined our family on Friday the thirteenth. All our living babies were born at home. But Brynlee had some problems so we were at the hospital for her birth. It was a really good experience though. I recommend Richland Hospital for anyone considering a hospital birth or as a backup for homebirth. We received excellent, thoughtful care.



In July, we headed to Indiana to my sisters place for a Ramer family gathering. It was a fun relaxing weekend. Most of the time was spent with just my immediate family, but on Sunday we got to see all of my living grandparents and some aunts, uncles, and cousins as well. And we got to take a family picture. :)


In July, after being home 2 weeks, we headed right back to IN  for Grandma Mullet's funeral.

In August, immediately following Grandma's funeral the Kulp family gathered here in WI for a family retreat. Again we had a fun-filled weekend. And again we got to take a family picture. :)


August also held a sad farewell to Karen, Phil's sister who had been living here in WI for the past year and a half. She moved back to SC. We miss her lots, but are looking forward to seeing her again this week! This is also the month that Kaelin's two front teeth met with the teeter totter handle and both are broken. She is resistant to having them pulled, so, as long as her gum remains free of infection, there they shall stay until they fall out on their own. August is Dyllon's birthday month, so we celebrated his FOUR years with both Grandmas and Grandpa.

That brings us to this month of September. Beautiful, gorgeous autumn weather. The trees are turning, the mornings are crisp and cool with hints of frost. I almost choose autumn for my favorite season. But I'm not really in to favorites. I love them all.



Kaelin has started school. We are working on Kindergarten 5 from Abeka. She loves it. Except for the writing pages. :) She's almost reading and so excited about it.

Brynlee is now three months old and such a little sweetie pie. She is such a good baby. Generally happy and sleeps 6-8 hours or more most nights. A good nights sleep does much for this mama.




And my boys, Dyllon and Traimley...so much sweet boyishness and so much fighting. Some days I am so so weary of the fighting. Any tips? It's not just the boys. Kaelin's in on it, too.


Life is such a fun, busy, hectic, amazing ride right now. It has so many happy, bright spots. And about as many frustrating, hair-pulling ones. I won't lie, it's hard to be a good mama to four little people. So thankful for a loving Savior to turn to and learn from. Thankful for His patience and understanding. Isaiah 40 has become one of my favorite chapters. Especially verse 11.



"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." 
KJV




No comments:

Post a Comment